Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by kilgour <pa...@autonomy.com> on 2012/01/23 15:57:51 UTC

Internal server names/IP address visable in the internet headers

Hi, I am using Apache James 2.3.2 to forward on internal emails to an
external exchange server. I have noticed that in the Internet Headers
section of received messages the internal server names and IPs are listed.
e.g.

Microsoft Mail Internet Headers Version 2.0
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 13:22:48 +0000 (UTC)

Is there a way to configure apache james so that this information is hidden
or encrypted?

Many thanks,

Paul

Re: Internal server names/IP address visable in the internet headers

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
Hi,
The RemoveMimeHeader could help.

http://james.apache.org/mailet/standard/mailet-report.html#RemoveMimeHeader