Posted to dev@chukwa.apache.org by arvind subramanian <al...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/27 22:40:24 UTC

Exploring chukwa-initial questions!

Hello,

Firstly, Congrats on the release of 0.4!

I am Arvind, and I  have just got started in exploring Chukwa

I have been reading  the docs from the release in 0.40 , issues on JIRA, and
some of the activity in the mailing list.

I am familiar with Hadoop/Hdfs having used them in pseudo-distributed mode
on laptop(Ubuntu 9.10), and  have also used hadoop AMI  on Ec2.

Has a Chukwa cluster been deployed on Ec2 ? If so, it would be great to see
some documentation/tutorials/pointers  of the same, so that I could try it
out.

Also,It would be nice to see more elaboration on setting up the development
environment for  Chukwa (pseudo-distributed mode)

Regards,
Arvind

Re: Exploring chukwa-initial questions!

Posted by arvind subramanian <al...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot for your inputs,everyone!!
That is a fantastic response for my first mail here!  :)
I  think I would have to spend some more time  tinkering around, before
posting more pointed queries

Cheers,
Arvind

--
Arvind Subramanian

Re: Exploring chukwa-initial questions!

Posted by Jiaqi Tan <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi Arvind,

Posted by Ariel Rabkin <as...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jerome Boulon <jb...@netflix.com>.
Hi Arvind, Welcome to Chukwa ML ;-)

I'm running Chukwa in a production environment (Netflix) on EC2.
I'm using 4 small instances to collect around 130M events/day

Deploying on EC2 is the same as deploying in in a standard data center.
Except for the fact that you can loose your instance ... For that I'm
running a non-public discovery service.

Do you have any specific questions?

Regards,
  /Jerome.