Posted to user@sqoop.apache.org by sh...@accenture.com on 2014/08/04 18:51:31 UTC

Issue with sqoop merge command

Hi,

I am getting a weird error this morning! When running sqoop merge command

Deleted s3://xxx-xx-xxx/data/xxxx/xxxx/xxxx/merged

merge folder exists so deleted 0

Next,

Merge command fails with the error

14/08/04 11:39:24 ERROR security.UserGroupInformation: PriviledgedActionException as:hadoop (auth:SIMPLE) cause:org.apache.hadoop.mapred.FileAlreadyExistsException: Output directory s3://xx-xx-xx/xx/xxxx/xxx/xxx/merged already exists

14/08/04 11:39:24 ERROR tool.MergeTool: Encountered IOException running import job: org.apache.hadoop.mapred.FileAlreadyExistsException: Output directory s3://xx-xx-xx/xx/xxxx/xxxx/xxxx/merged already exists

               at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.output.FileOutputFormat.checkOutputSpecs(FileOutputFormat.java:146)

               at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.JobSubmitter.checkSpecs(JobSubmitter.java:456)

               at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.JobSubmitter.submitJobInternal(JobSubmitter.java:342)

               at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Job$10.run(Job.java:1268)

               at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Job$10.run(Job.java:1265)

               at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1491)

               at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Job.submit(Job.java:1265)

               at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Job.waitForCompletion(Job.java:1286)

               at org.apache.sqoop.mapreduce.JobBase.runJob(JobBase.java:312)

               at org.apache.sqoop.mapreduce.MergeJob.runMergeJob(MergeJob.java:138)

               at org.apache.sqoop.tool.MergeTool.run(MergeTool.java:57)

               at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.run(Sqoop.java:145)

               at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.runSqoop(Sqoop.java:181)

               at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.runTool(Sqoop.java:220)

               at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.runTool(Sqoop.java:229)

               at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.main(Sqoop.java:238)

11:39:24: sqoopMergeStatus 1

11:39:24: 0

11:39:24: sqoop Merge Failed  for XXXX

Any idea, how to fix it?

________________________________

www.accenture.com

Re: Issue with sqoop merge command

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gs...@cloudera.com>.
It says that the output directory exists, can you verify if thats the case?

Sqoop merge takes 3 directory parameters:
--new-data - directory with the new data set to merge (in case of
duplicates we keep the values from this directory)
--onto - directory with existing data set to merge (some of the values
here will be replaced by new values)
--target-dir - this directory should not exist before running Sqoop
merge. The results will go here.

Gwen