Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by "David M. Karr" <dm...@earthlink.net> on 2002/08/03 20:00:40 UTC

Building JSTL with JDK 1.4 (minus jaxp-api.jar)?

I was experimenting with building the JSTL from source, but I noticed it
doesn't deal properly with building with JDK 1.4, as it requires the presence
of "jaxp-api.jar", which I believe is part of JDK 1.4.

Re: Building JSTL with JDK 1.4 (minus jaxp-api.jar)?

Posted by Shawn Bayern <ba...@essentially.net>.
On 3 Aug 2002, David M. Karr wrote:

> I was experimenting with building the JSTL from source, but I noticed
> it doesn't deal properly with building with JDK 1.4, as it requires
> the presence of "jaxp-api.jar", which I believe is part of JDK 1.4.

That's just an artifact of the build process; the Standard Taglib should
build fine if you remove that line from build.xml.  I'll add the extra
generality to build.xml -- you're right that it should be there -- as soon
as I get a chance.

Shawn