Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Dennis Riedel <De...@web.de> on 2005/05/30 15:44:41 UTC

Error starting JDO CForms Sample Cocoon 2.1.7

Hello
I compiled Cocoon 2.1.7 with JDO.jar and JDORI.jar in folder 'lib/local'.
It is now running on WinXP with Apache Tomcat 5.5.9 and Java 1.4.2_08 (Tomcat with compatibility changes).

When I try to run the JDO samples from the block samples I get the following error:

"More pseudo attributes are expected."

And the stack trace tells me:

org.apache.avalon.framework.CascadingRuntimeException: "file:/C:/Programme/Apache Software Foundation/Tomcat 5.5/webapps/cocoon2/samples/blocks/ojb/forms/employee.js", line 29: uncaught JavaScript exception: at employeeform_jdo (file:/C:/Programme/Apache Software Foundation/Tomcat 5.5/webapps/cocoon2/samples/blocks/ojb/forms/employee.js, Line 29): org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.MetadataException: Can't read repository file 'repository.xml'

The repository files are located at "WEB-INF/classes" where they should be, as far as I know.

Anyone experienced the same and has some solution or idea?

Thx in advance.

Dennis

Re: Error starting JDO CForms Sample Cocoon 2.1.7

Posted by Dennis Riedel <de...@web.de>.
Ok. Solved.

To run the JDO Samples in Cocoon 2.1.7:
-build cocoon with jdo.jar and jdori.jar in folder 'lib/local'
-add attribute 'encoding' to <?xml version="1.0"?> in
'WEB-INF/classes/repository_*.xml' files

Re: Error starting JDO CForms Sample Cocoon 2.1.7

Posted by Dennis Riedel <de...@web.de>.
The problem is that the xml repository files have an uncomplete definition:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
It must be:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
(or other encoding type)

The samples still don`t work, but by another reason.

To be continued...