Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Balaji <rb...@firstam.com> on 2005/05/05 00:11:05 UTC

apache httpd with C++ on AIX

Hi,

            I am trying to compile an apache httpd module using a makefile
and not using apxs. But when I try to boot apache, it throws the following
error

Syntax error on line 238 of /home/rbalaji/usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:

Cannot load /home/rbalaji/usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_dyso.so into server:
\t0

509-026 System error: Cannot run a file that does not have a valid format.

Looks like apxs binds in some flags and generates some register functions
into the files before compiling. I am really not sure what it does.

            But originally, if I have a class keyword in my source files,
apxs doesnot compile it at all. I am using xlc compiler on AIX and I have
configured apache to use this compiler before the configure stage itself.
Can anybody tell me what the missing link is? Is it impossible to work with
C++ on apache. (sounds illogical though)

Your help will really really be significant to solve one of our problems.

Regards,
Balaji

Re: apache httpd with C++ on AIX

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
At 05:11 PM 5/4/2005, Balaji wrote:
>Hi,
>            I am trying to compile an apache httpd module using a makefile and not using apxs. But when I try to boot apache, it throws the following error
>
>Syntax error on line 238 of /home/rbalaji/usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
>Cannot load /home/rbalaji/usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_dyso.so into server

Please check with an appropriate forum.  mod_dyso is not part of
the Apache HTTP Project.

Bill