Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by "Beaurpere, David" <Da...@iona.com> on 2006/11/14 21:55:03 UTC

is it possible to include the eclipse plugin in the cxf kits?

Hi,

We are currently sorting out the packaging of the STP tools and I was
wondering if it would be an option to include the eclipse binaries
plug-in written for STP in the cxf kits?

... Or alternatively build an extra kit that would include the
plug-in...

Thanks,

d.

Re: is it possible to include the eclipse plugin in the cxf kits?

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com>.
Hiya,
So you're proposing we ship a drop in plugin for the STP project in the
distribution kit? Could we make it a separate download? It could even be
a sub project of sorts. Or, might create a bundled version of STP+CXF
ourselves? Or might we have it as an eclipse plugin that can be
downloaded for our update site?

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse
(616) 971-2053

Re: is it possible to include the eclipse plugin in the cxf kits?

Posted by Oisin Hurley <oh...@iona.com>.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <da...@iona.com>.
On Tuesday November 14 2006 4:09 pm, Daniel Kulp wrote:
> On Tuesday November 14 2006 3:55 pm, Beaurpere, David wrote:
> > Hi,
> > We are currently sorting out the packaging of the STP tools and I was
> > wondering if it would be an option to include the eclipse binaries
> > plug-in written for STP in the cxf kits?
> >
> > ... Or alternatively build an extra kit that would include the
> > plug-in...
> >
> > Thanks,
>
> Umm....   Why?    It doesn't seem like it would provide any value to
> 99% of the CXF users other than to increase disk space and make it
> longer to download as well as create a "what's this?" question.
>
> It will be available as a download from the incubator repository if the
> user needs it.   We could probably provide a pom.xml or similar that
> would automatically grab it, but then again, what's the point?  Why
> can't you as part of STP provide a pom.xml or similar to just grab it?

Actually, to amend this...

If the STP project had something we can ship so the kits would have a
completely usable set of eclipse tooling, then I'd be quite OK with
including this and the STP stuff together in the kits.

Thus, give us something useful to ship that provides value to the
users.  :-)

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer

Re: is it possible to include the eclipse plugin in the cxf kits?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <da...@iona.com>.