Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Schacht, Tyler" <Ty...@msfc.nasa.gov> on 2003/05/28 20:59:41 UTC

File Permissions in WAR Files

When tomcat extracts my .war file, insufficient file permissions are applied
to the folders/directories.  I use an apache connector and my site is
unavailable due to apache having insufficient permissions to acess the
directories.  If I then go in and hand chmod the files/folders, the site
works fine. I understand that there is no way to set file permissions within
a war/jar.  Is there a way to tell tomcat to chmod the structure upon
extracting the war?  This is really throwing a hitch in my build/deployment
process.

Tyler Schacht

Re: File Permissions in WAR Files

Posted by Jason Bainbridge <ja...@jblinux.org>.
On Thu, 29 May 2003 02:59, Schacht, Tyler wrote:
> When tomcat extracts my .war file, insufficient file permissions are
> applied to the folders/directories.  I use an apache connector and my site
> is unavailable due to apache having insufficient permissions to acess the
> directories.  If I then go in and hand chmod the files/folders, the site
> works fine. I understand that there is no way to set file permissions
> within a war/jar.  Is there a way to tell tomcat to chmod the structure
> upon extracting the war?  This is really throwing a hitch in my
> build/deployment process.
>
> Tyler Schacht

Can't you just run Tomcat and Apache under the same user or make the Apache
user part of the Tomcat group? That seems like a simpler solution.

Jason Bainbridge
KDE Web Team - http://kde.org
webmaster@kde.org