Posted to bugs@httpd.apache.org by "Mark W. Webb" <ma...@dolphtech.com> on 2003/07/07 14:16:45 UTC

apache does not forward cert chain to servlet/CGI

I have been working on a site that enforces mutually authenticated SSL
using apache 2.0.46. I have compiled it from source using the following
commands passed to the ./configure script:

./configure --enable-so --enable-ssl --with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl

/usr/local/ssl contains openssl version 0.9.7b which I compiled from
source using the default build configuration.
I have tried both servlets and cgi and all I can get is the user
certificate, not the certificate chain.  I have tried looking at the
mod_ssl code, and cannot figure out why the +ExportCertData directive
will only tell apache to forward on the user certificate, not the chain.

Can anyone provide me with some direction as to how I can get apache to
send the certificate chain to either a cgi or servlet.

Thank you

Re: apache does not forward cert chain to servlet/CGI

Posted by Cliff Woolley <jw...@virginia.edu>.
On Mon, 7 Jul 2003, Mark W. Webb wrote:

> Can anyone provide me with some direction as to how I can get apache to
> send the certificate chain to either a cgi or servlet.

Please send this kind of question to the appropriate user support mailing
list rather than the bug database list.

See http://httpd.apache.org/lists.html#http-users .  There's also a

--Cliff