Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Steve Ed <se...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/13 22:33:07 UTC

Copying data to hdfs

Sorry for the layman question.

Whats the best way of writing data into HDFS from outside of the cluster. My
customer is looking for wire speed data ingest into HDFS.  We are
considering flume, but initial performance results from flume are very
discouraging.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Re: Copying data to hdfs

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
Hello Steve,

           I think Chukwa would be good choice..It works on top of
Hadoop and along with data aggregation it also provides a web portal
like visualization tool called HICC.

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq