Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Balaji <rb...@firstam.com> on 2005/05/06 02:16:19 UTC

problem starting apache - __mcount runtime defn not found.

Hi,

            I have built an apache dso using the make system on AIX. But
when I do an "apachectl startssl", it throws the following error:

Cannot load /home/rbalaji/usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_dyso.so into server:
rtl

d: 0712-001 Symbol __mcount was referenced\n      from module
/home/rbalaji/usr/

local/apache2/modules/mod_dyso.so(), but a runtime definition\n      of the
symb

ol was not found.

Mod_dyso.so is my dso module which I have configured to be loaded by apache.
I couldn't find any library where there is a defn of __mcount symbol on AIX.
One of the websites say that this is part of the profiler suite if I am
using it. But I couldn't find any profiler suite either on my machine. Any
pointers?? I am using makeC++SharedLib to link and xlC_r to compile my
sources.

Regards,

Balaji

Re: problem starting apache - __mcount runtime defn not found.

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.
On 5/5/05, Balaji <rb...@firstam.com> wrote:

>             I have built an apache dso using the make system on AIX. But
> when I do an "apachectl startssl", it throws the following error:
>

> Cannot load
> /home/rbalaji/usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_dyso.so into
> server: rtl
>
> d: 0712-001 Symbol __mcount was referenced\n      from module
> /home/rbalaji/usr/

Maybe that symbol will be familar to folks on the aix usenet group.

>  ...  I am using makeC++SharedLib to link and xlC_r to compile my
> sources.

Check how apxs+libtool will compile a plain C module, and take those
commands and change as little as necessary to deal with C++ (maybe
just change linker and compiler to xlC_r???) and see if that helps.
Set environment variable LTFLAGS to a space prior to invoking apxs so
that you'll see the low-level commands which get issued.