Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2016/02/22 22:44:25 UTC

Re: [3/3] incubator-mynewt-larva git commit: Add license to .gitignore file.

Hi,

Again no harm done but no required.  JFYI - Files without any creative content don’t need a license header, .gitignore would fall under that. [1]

Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#faq-exceptions

Re: [3/3] incubator-mynewt-larva git commit: Add license to .gitignore file.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@me.com>.
Hi,

> I'll second that: Justin, and I say this knowing you're Australian: you've earned as many beers as you can drink when we meet :-)

I certainly drink beer. However I’ll pass on Fosters and Budwizer - they are not release quality IMO :-)

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [3/3] incubator-mynewt-larva git commit: Add license to .gitignore file.

Posted by Sterling Hughes <st...@apache.org>.

On 2/22/16 5:02 PM, Christopher Collins wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 09:39:41AM +1100, Justin Mclean wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>> Whoops, thanks Justin.  I didn't see that note in time.
>>
>> Pulling license header of files that may not require it is a non issue, I very much doubt that anyone would take issue with it or in fact even notice :-)
>>
>>> Is there anything else you can think of that I might have missed?
>>
>> AFAICS it all looks good.
>
> At the risk of exceeding my 'thank you' quota, thanks again for your
> patience and support.  I am sure the process will be a little less
> painful next time :).

I'll second that: Justin, and I say this knowing you're Australian:
you've earned as many beers as you can drink when we meet :-)

Sterling

Re: [3/3] incubator-mynewt-larva git commit: Add license to .gitignore file.

Posted by Christopher Collins <ch...@runtime.io>.
On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 09:39:41AM +1100, Justin Mclean wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Whoops, thanks Justin.  I didn't see that note in time.
>
> Pulling license header of files that may not require it is a non issue, I very much doubt that anyone would take issue with it or in fact even notice :-)
>
> > Is there anything else you can think of that I might have missed?
>
> AFAICS it all looks good.

At the risk of exceeding my 'thank you' quota, thanks again for your
patience and support.  I am sure the process will be a little less
painful next time :).

Chris

Re: [3/3] incubator-mynewt-larva git commit: Add license to .gitignore file.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Christopher Collins <ch...@runtime.io>.
Whoops, thanks Justin.  I didn't see that note in time.  Perhaps I
should monitor my email periodically :).

I think the repositories may actually be ready for a release.  Rat seems
happy with them in their current state (with their .rat-excludes files,
of course).  The Compliance Rocks! tool had a number of complaints, but
they all appear to be in reference to the third-party files that we know
aren't Apache licensed.