Posted to user@commons.apache.org by di...@multitask.com.au on 2004/05/18 01:42:54 UTC

[jelly] VOTE: Use BeanUtils.copyProperty (Was Re: [Jelly] Use of BeanUtils.setProperty() method)

Geoff, I'm all in favour of your proposal and now call for a vote on it:

Accept Geoff's patch:

http://www.mail-archive.com/commons-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg06871.html

[ ] +1 (Agree and will help)
[ ] +0 (Agree)
[ ] -1 (Don't agree and here's why)

Here's my +1.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting

Geoffrey Arnold <ge...@geoffreyarnold.com> wrote on 18/05/2004 01:40:46
AM:

http://www.mail-archive.com/commons-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg06999.html

> I subsequently submitted a patch which resolves the issue, including a
> custom Converter implementation which aims to maintain backwards
> compatibility with the current behavior:

http://www.mail-archive.com/commons-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg06871.html

> There were concerns that switching from BeanUtils.setProperty() to
> BeanUtils.copyProperty() might cause unforeseen problems with existing
> scripts due to differences in logic between those methods, but without
> an example script this remains only a hypothesis.
>
> The discussion has since ceased, with no clear resolution.  I would like

> to restart the thread in the hopes of gaining some closure to the issue.
>
> Many thanks.
> Geoff.

Re: [jelly] VOTE: Use BeanUtils.copyProperty (Was Re: [Jelly] Use of BeanUtils.setProperty() method)

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
I think we can do some tests once Maven works with Jelly again to verify
that this is WAD.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting

robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote on