Posted to user@click.apache.org by Haim Schindler <ha...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/20 16:17:47 UTC

How to redirect to the desired page after successful login?

Hello,

What is the right way in click to redirect to a desired page after
successful login?

*here is the scenario:*

user type in the browser url:

*www.site.com/page1000.htm*

but user is NOT login so he was redirected to

*www.site.com/login.htm*

after successful login I want the user to be automatically redirected to

*www.site.com/page1000.htm *  (the original url that the user wanted)

(now what I do is a bit tedios, I keep this information the the url to
login.htm?.... and then I use hidden fields in the login form so that info
goes to login process after post....)

Re: How to redirect to the desired page after successful login?

Posted by Haim Schindler <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I created a control by extending "AbstractControl" class.

I would like to use a velocity to render the controls html,
does click have some API to do that ?

(or should I just use velocity API directly)

thanks

Re: How to redirect to the desired page after successful login?

Posted by Ari <ar...@composersnotebook.com>.
Hello Haim,

This document directly speaks to your question:

    http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/realm-howto.html

It describes how to weave in a database or other dynamic data store into the
Tomcat security API that the Click default example is using.

Best
Ari

Posted by Bob Schellink <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,