Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by thaiyal m <th...@yahoo.com> on 2007/05/17 07:23:42 UTC

Tomcat Transport Factory

I was able to find only a Jetty Http Transport factory
implementation. Is there a Tomcat transport factory
implementation available for Http ?

Regards,
Thaiyal

Re: Tomcat Transport Factory

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com>.
If people see a need for it, sure!

I don't know if I'd want it in the distribution per se though as we probably
don't want to be in the business of distributing multiple HTTP servers.
Personally, I feel that this is one of those things that would work great as
a smaller sub project around CXF. For instance, I have the AsyncWeb stuff in
the sandbox, but it'd be nice if we had an "extras" module in SVN where we
can do independent releases of such a module. That make sense?

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse
Envoi Solutions

Re: Tomcat Transport Factory

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.

Dan Diephouse wrote:
> You can use the CXFServlet inside of Tomcat.
>
> We use Jetty as an "embedded" http transport for some situations. I.e.
> those
> times when you aren't in a servlet container. We do not have an embedded
> Tomcat of that though.

Do you want one?

Jeff

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com>.