Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Marco Crivellaro <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/19 17:30:52 UTC

HttpProducer to ignore response body avoiding stream caching

I am using camel-http to send HTTP Post notifications to a wide range of
endpoints which I don't control directly, sometimes the endpoints response
is quite big and due to the fact HttpProducer is caching the response stream
temporary files are being written to disk.

I can set the caching threshold to a higher value and therefore avoid
writing to disk but this would have an impact on HEAP consumption.
It would be great if the response body can optionally be ignored (maybe only
for 200:300 statuses), I am not doing anything with the endpoint response
body if the status is 200.

Maybe such option will be helpful for other camel riders?

Re: HttpProducer to ignore response body avoiding stream caching

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi, yes, if you want, or I can open a JIRA issue for you. You can also submit a patch or a PR to resolve the issue :-)
Bye

Andrea Cosentino

----------------------------------

Apache Camel Committer
Email: ancosen1985@yahoo.com
Twitter: @oscerd2
Github: oscerd

     On Monday, June 15, 2015 4:09 PM, Marco Crivellaro <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Should I take care of opening a JIRA issue to request the feature? Thanks

Re: HttpProducer to ignore response body avoiding stream caching

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
I just create a JIRA[1] for it.

[1]https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-8876

--
Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.
Web: http://www.redhat.com
http://jnn.iteye.com (Chinese)
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Marco Crivellaro <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marco Crivellaro <ma...@gmail.com>.
yes that's exactly what I'd need. Should I open a JIRA issue?

Best,
Marco

Re: HttpProducer to ignore response body avoiding stream caching

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
So you just need to check the statuses code and don’t need to read the message body.
Yeah, we can add an option for it to avoid recopying the input stream from the HttpClient.

--
Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.
Web: http://www.redhat.com