Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by QJ...@cap400.com on 2003/03/31 17:26:02 UTC

Re: Not starting with j2ee.jar in /lib direcotry

put it under /yourApp/WEB-INF/lib directory if you want use it in yourApp.

Tim  Jian

3833 Farragut Ave.
Kensington, MD 20895
Phone: 301-949-4400 Ext. 112
Fax: 301-929-5728
Email: qjian@cap400.com

                      "Alexandre
                      Alvarez Martini          To:       <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
                      Santos"                  cc:
                      <amartini01@bigfo        Subject:  Not starting with j2ee.jar in /lib direcotry
                      ot.com>

                      03/31/2003 05:22
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      "Tomcat Users
                      List"

Hello,
I put j2ee.jar in /common/lib directory and Tomcat4.1 did NOT start.
It did not start when I put in jre/lib/ext as well.
Why?
I need some classes to use JavaMail.
Could you help me, please?
Thanks in advance,
al.

Re: Not starting with j2ee.jar in /lib direcotry

Posted by Alexandre Alvarez Martini Santos <am...@bigfoot.com>.
Hello Tim,
Thank you for the advice.
Well, it started but I got something like this:
WebappClassLoader: validateJarFile(...\WEB-INF\lib\j2ee.jar) - jar not
loaded. Offending class: javax/servlet/Servlet.class
Would it be a problem with j2ee.jar file? Will the application work
properly?

And more: now I got the NoClassDefFoundError: javax/mail/Address (which is
the reason for trying to put j2ee.jar in common\lib). To avoid it, I had to
put mail.jar (in theory, it would not be necessary) in the WEB-INF\lib too.
Any suggestion?
Thank you very much,
al.

<to...@jakarta.apache.org>