Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Yura.Tkachenko" <Yu...@muranosoft.com> on 2006/03/25 18:43:21 UTC

How to speed up JSF

Hi,

I just finding some ways to speed up JSF. I'm using MyFaces implementation
and actually I don't like how JSF is rendering it's very slow. I've never
tried Facelets with MyFaces is it really can speed up work of my
application? Because I have only little theoretical knowledge about
Facelets. But on all my JSF pages I actually doesn't use JSP as it, so I
suppose I have always some time to: compile JSP(only 1 time) + execute jsp
compiled class. So I think if Facelets miss this step then my application
will work much faster, am I right?

+ Another approach to use AjaxAnywhere with this library server response
executes much faster, because user requests not all page, only part of it.

Anyone use Facelets+MyFaces+AjaxAnyWhere - is it faster for user then only
MyFaces?

Thanks,

Yura Tkachenko

Murano Software Kharkov, Ukraine

mailto:  <ma...@muranosoft.com>
Yura.Tkachenko@muranosoft.com

 <http://www.muranosoft.com> http://www.muranosoft.com

Re: How to speed up JSF

Posted by FSchaare <fs...@htp-tel.de>.
Hi,

But on all my JSF pages I actually doesn’t use JSP as
it, so I suppose I have always some time to: compile JSP(only 1 time) +
execute jsp compiled class.

I'm not sure where your problem is, but if you bother that jsp
compilation time, you'll find several ways to precompile your JSPs, for
example with a suitable ANT Task.

CU

RE: How to speed up JSF

Posted by Dave <ja...@yahoo.com>.
Does Ajaxanywhere support <saveState>? I tried it weeks ago, it did not work with MyFaces <saveState>. The state from a few pages back was restored, not the previous request. Has anyone experienced the same issue? Thanks!

"Yura.Tkachenko" <Yu...@muranosoft.com> wrote:        v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}        st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }                Hi,
  I agree with this. Ajaxanywhere execute whole processing of jsf lifecycle, but it responsed back to client only part of the page (ajax zone which client declare). So I suppose that it should works a little faster. But I want to know how Myfaces works with Facelets, is it really better to use Facelets instead of JSP?

  Thanks,
  Yura.

---------------------------------

As far as I know, ajaxanywhere submits the page as a whole actually, not just the zones(spans) and the zone components output spans. These spans' innerHtmls are later retrieved from the wrapped servletresponse and set using javascript. This approach will not help your application to run faster.

What do you think?

Cagatay,
    On 3/25/06, Yura.Tkachenko <Yura.Tkachenko@muranosoft.com > wrote:
      Hi,
  I just finding some ways to speed up JSF. I'm using MyFaces implementation and actually I don't like how JSF is rendering it's very slow. I've never tried Facelets with MyFaces is it really can speed up work of my application? Because I have only little theoretical knowledge about Facelets. But on all my JSF pages I actually doesn't use JSP as it, so I suppose I have always some time to: compile JSP(only 1 time) + execute jsp compiled class. So I think if Facelets miss this step then my application will work much faster, am I right?
  + Another approach to use AjaxAnywhere with this library server response executes much faster, because user requests not all page, only part of it.
  Anyone use Facelets+MyFaces+AjaxAnyWhere ¨C is it faster for user then only MyFaces?

  mailto: Yura.Tkachenko@muranosoft.com
  http://www.muranosoft.com

---------------------------------

RE: How to speed up JSF

Re: How to speed up JSF

Posted by Cagatay Civici <ca...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

RE: [SPAM] Re: How to speed up JSF

Posted by Yee CN <ye...@streamyx.com>.
Thanks Martin. It will be great news if browse back button works. Do I have
to use </redirect> in JSF navigation for this to work properly?

Regards,
Yee

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Yee,