Posted to dev@aurora.apache.org by Dave Lester <da...@davelester.org> on 2015/02/27 22:34:29 UTC

Call for mentorship proposals, GSoC and Outreachy

Intern season is only a few months out, and once again Twitter is
sponsoring Google Summer of Code and Outreachy (previously known as the
Outreach Program for Women). There's a mentorship opportunity to
remotely work with a student intern on Apache Aurora, and I wanted to
make sure we widely distributed a call to the community. This is
available to all committers and solid contributors to the open source
project.

Anyone interested in being a GSoC mentor, and have an idea for a
contribution a student could work on? (Note: although Twitter is helping
sponsor a potential intern on Aurora, you don't need to be a Twitter
employee to mentor)

Here's a page with several example projects:
https://github.com/twitter/twitter.github.com/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code-2015

If you're interested in mentoring, please let me know in the next few
days so we can add you to our list of projects.

And if you're a student interested in either of these intern programs,
we hope to have the list for Aurora updated early next week. In the
meantime, we encourage prospective interns to work through the project
tutorials and give Aurora a spin.

Best,
Dave