Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Pradeep Gummi <pr...@villanova.edu> on 2003/09/05 17:04:36 UTC

Re: setting classpath in setclasspath.bat

Hi all,
I am tring to include external classes that are needed for my servlet
class.   I tried to modify classpath in setclasspath.bat file by
set CLASSPATH=%JAVA_HOME%
\lib\tools.jar;c:\mindbridge\classes\saclasses.jar
I needed all the classes in the saclasses.jar file for my servlet. When
i restart the tomcat server, it just shows a blank page with out
showing the default page. Am I giving a wrong classpath here? Any
suggestions.

thanks
pradeep

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
Make every attempt to not override the system classpath. Try placing your
classes in common/lib or better WEB-INF/lib.

Your error logs will provide more insight if something wrong is happening.

-Tim