Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Bryan Campbell <ci...@fidnet.com> on 1997/08/28 05:20:03 UTC

mod_include/1066: includesNOEXEC does not shut off "exec cmd" . . .

>Number:         1066
>Category:       mod_include
>Synopsis:       includesNOEXEC does not shut off "exec cmd" . . .
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
Install 1.2.4 with includesNOEXEC and call a bit of server parsed html with
<!--#exec cmd="/bin/date"--> (or any other system command  . . . i.e. xterm, finger  . . . etc.)  If you don't get the date, please tell me why.

access.conf included below

# access.conf: Global access configuration
# Online docs at http://www.apache.org/

# This file defines server settings which affect which types of services
# are allowed, and in what circumstances.

# Each directory to which Apache has access, can be configured with respect
# to which services and features are allowed and/or disabled in that
# directory (and its subdirectories).

# Originally by Rob McCool

# This should be changed to whatever you set DocumentRoot to.

<Directory /home/fidelity/public_html>

# This may also be "None", "All", or any combination of "Indexes",
# "Includes", "FollowSymLinks", "ExecCGI", or "MultiViews".

# Note that "MultiViews" must be named *explicitly* --- "Options All"
# doesn't give it to you (or at least, not yet).

Options Indexes FollowSymLinks IncludesNOEXEC

# This controls which options the .htaccess files in directories can
# override. Can also be "All", or any combination of "Options", "FileInfo",
# "AuthConfig", and "Limit"

AllowOverride None

order allow,deny
allow from all

</Directory>

# /usr/local/etc/httpd/cgi-bin should be changed to whatever your ScriptAliased
# CGI directory exists, if you have that configured.

<Directory /usr/local/etc/httpd/cgi-bin>
AllowOverride None
Options None
</Directory>

# Allow server status reports, with the URL of http://servername/server-status
# Change the ".your_domain.com" to match your domain to enable.

#<Location /server-status>
#SetHandler server-status

#order deny,allow
#deny from all
#allow from .your_domain.com
#</Location>

# You may place any other directories or locations you wish to have
# access information for after this one.