Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Dennis Byrne <de...@dbyrne.net> on 2006/04/19 05:26:22 UTC

format core before branch

I haven't paid close enough attention to the commits in the last few days, so maybe one of you has already branched.  If not, I recommend we take the opportunity to format the entire thing according to the myfaces code conventions.  Thoughts?

Dennis Byrne

Re: format core before branch

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.
Jurgen Lust schrieb:
> I use a patched version of the Jalopy maven plugin for all my projects,
> and I'm very happy about it. It handles stuff like adding the license
> comment at the top of your file, formatting, inspecting, etc. your Java
> code. I also have it generating comments containing 'TODO DOCUMENT ME!!'
> on every public method or class that doesn't have javadocs yet, as a
> gentle reminder for my developers :) It's a great tool, and thanks to
> maven, you can integrate in the normal build cycle.
>
> http://jalopy.sourceforge.net/index.html

Yes jalopy is a great tool, after years of using it on and off I finally
moved over to the commercial version, definitely the best code
formatting tool there is.
I once used this stuff with great result in an ant build.

Re: format core before branch

Posted by Jurgen Lust <Ju...@UGent.be>.
I use a patched version of the Jalopy maven plugin for all my projects,
and I'm very happy about it. It handles stuff like adding the license
comment at the top of your file, formatting, inspecting, etc. your Java
code. I also have it generating comments containing 'TODO DOCUMENT ME!!'
on every public method or class that doesn't have javadocs yet, as a
gentle reminder for my developers :) It's a great tool, and thanks to
maven, you can integrate in the normal build cycle.

http://jalopy.sourceforge.net/index.html

Jurgen

Posted by Jurgen Lust <ju...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.