Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Tony Herstell <to...@cambridgesoftware.co.nz> on 2005/11/22 07:33:32 UTC

Tearing my hair out...

<FONT size=2>
<P>I then found that the front end javascript blows up when the "field in error", using front end "required" validation, is hidden and the javascript is trying to put the cursor in it... as it's required.</P>
<P>So, I have to put "." into each "required" field before I hide it IF and ONLY IF the user has not put anything else in it... and if I show the field I have to remove the "." IF and ONLY IF the user has not put anything else it...</P>
<P>A lot of javascript to get round the validator...</P>
<P>Please can you ensure that the "final" validator for 4.0 is "Struts" like and can handle "depends on" validation... so a mandatory field can be specified as mandatory ONLY if the pre-condition is met (i.e. a previous check box was selected).</P>
<P>Please</P>
<P>:)</P>
<P>P.s. I suppose I should really just unwire the validator for now if I want to use hidden fields.</P></FONT>

Re: Tearing my hair out...

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Hehehe...I might do better than that next week ;)

RE: Tearing my hair out...

Posted by Tony Herstell <to...@cambridgesoftware.co.nz>.
Done...

Vote for TAPESTRY-772