Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Srinivas Chamarthi <sr...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/02 10:41:33 UTC

task reschedule logic

Hi,

I am trying to modify the TasakImpl where in am trying to fail a succeeded
task to be rescheduled. what is the best way to achive this ?.

I wan tot do this because I want the same map task to be rescheduled on a
different node in different cluster. any help is greatly appreciated.

 I did try to ingest a failed event in TaskImpl based on rack node name so
that the Job (Impl) or the AM would reschedule a failed mapper. But looks
like its not happening that way.

is there a better logic than this ? apprecaite your inputs.

thx
srinivas