Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Chris Santerre <cs...@MerchantsOverseas.com> on 2006/05/01 15:25:36 UTC

RE: easier rule committing?

Well besides being low key so I don't go pissing anyone off, yes I would be
more active directly if it were easier to add rules. Easy...like SARE easy.
;)

> I think we have general development issues, namely that there are very
> few people left who are actively doing development.  Rule
> development is
> important too, but I think "easier" just means "more rules"
> which doesn't
> necessarily help.

Exactly. Which is why SARE has people responsible for certain rule sets.
IMHO, the way SA should be. Otherwise you end up with overlap and confusion.
Anyone can submit the rules, but one person per 'set' actually adds.

> I'm tired of constantly discussing how to get more rule
> developers though.
> How do we get more developers in general?

Hookers and booze?  :)

--Chris