Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Timofey Fedyanin <tf...@gridfore.com> on 2017/10/16 16:36:54 UTC

Partition exchange timeout can produce OOM with binary cache

Hi,
I use Ignite 2.2 cache with binary objects, produced by
org.apache.ignite.binary.BinaryObjectBuilder
An exception occurred during
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.distributed.dht.preloader.GridDhtPartitionsExchangeFuture#waitPartitionRelease:1068,
which eventually led to a
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.GridCachePartitionExchangeManager#dumpPendingObjects:1656
with IgniteInternalTx::toString method, that produce HUGE log and very
big StringBuilder (about 3GB per transaction) in Heap.

I found org.apache.ignite.internal.util.tostring.GridToStringExclude,
but I can't apply it to BinaryObject.
How to solve this issue (disable GridToStringBuilder for
BinaryObjectImpl)?

Sincerely,

Timofey Fedyanin

tfedyanint@gmail.com
+7 985 446 9277

Skype: timofeyfedyanin

Re: Partition exchange timeout can produce OOM with binary cache

Posted by "slava.koptilin" <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Timofey,

As a quick workaround, I would suggest setting
IgniteSystemProperties#IGNITE_TO_STRING_INCLUDE_SENSITIVE to 'false'.

Thanks!

[1]
https://ignite.apache.org/releases/latest/javadoc/org/apache/ignite/IgniteSystemProperties.html#IGNITE_TO_STRING_INCLUDE_SENSITIVE