Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Boyle Owen <Ow...@swx.com> on 2002/08/23 16:31:20 UTC

RE: Hmpf @ security

This should work - what's going wrong: Do you get straight in or is it that you cannot get in? Note that browsers cache passwords - kill your browser between retries...

Also, try putting the .htaccess contents directly into the <Directory> container.
Finally, check you don't have AccessFileName set to something which is overriding the .htaccess filename.

Rgds,

OWen Boyle