Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by billy <Bi...@bnsflogistics.com> on 2011/03/30 18:57:01 UTC

ConvertBodyTo confusion

I have a stoke and hub topology and I'm routing zip files and text files from
one end point to another via the ActiveMQ queues.  I thought I understood
the correct usage of ConvertBodyTo, but now I'm not so sure.  I thought that
text files types needed to have  before the content was sent to and ActiveMQ
queue.  I also thought that you shouldn't use convertBodyTo on binary files
like zip files when routing to an ActiveMQ queue.    Would someone please
tell me if my understanding is correct and if not tell me what the right was
is?

Re: ConvertBodyTo confusion

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

You can read on the Camel jms wiki page how Camel maps to/from JMS Message Types
http://camel.apache.org/jms

You can use convertBodyTo to force the Camel message body into a
specify type in case you want it to be mapped to a JMS TextMessage or
JMS BytesMessge etc.

There is also an option on the JMS endpoint to control the JMS message
type as well (jmsMessageType)

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 6:57 PM, billy <Bi...@bnsflogistics.com> wrote:
> I have a stoke and hub topology and I'm routing zip files and text files from
> one end point to another via the ActiveMQ queues.  I thought I understood
> the correct usage of ConvertBodyTo, but now I'm not so sure.  I thought that
> text files types needed to have  before the content was sent to and ActiveMQ
> queue.  I also thought that you shouldn't use convertBodyTo on binary files
> like zip files when routing to an ActiveMQ queue.    Would someone please
> tell me if my understanding is correct and if not tell me what the right was
> is?

Claus Ibsen
FuseSource
Email: cibsen@fusesource.com