Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Michael <Mi...@bio-world.com> on 2005/07/22 20:02:34 UTC

[users@httpd] apache upgrde from 2.0.40 to 2.1.6

I`m currently running apache 2.0.40 on RH 9.2 and i d/loaded the 2.1.6 ver of apache.
I did ./configure, make and make install  and now if run command httpd -V i still get ver 2.0.40. This installation itself went ok, I havent noticed anything bad. Anybody can help me with this?

Re: [users@httpd] apache upgrde from 2.0.40 to 2.1.6

Posted by "Ivan Barrera A." <Br...@Ivn.cl>.
Michael wrote:
> I`m currently running apache 2.0.40 on RH 9.2 and i d/loaded the 2.1.6
> ver of apache.
> I did ./configure, make and make install  and now if run command httpd
> -V i still get ver 2.0.40. This installation itself went ok, I havent
> noticed anything bad. Anybody can help me with this?

your httpd is located in /usr/local/apache
You should use some configure options...

Re: [users@httpd] apache upgrde from 2.0.40 to 2.1.6

Posted by Michael <Mi...@bio-world.com>.
I do have an rpm ver that cam with RH. Would it work if i would provide the
path for the new apache to be installed in the same place where the old one
is or I shoud remove it first ??
> I`m currently running apache 2.0.40 on RH 9.2 and i d/loaded the 2.1.6 ver
> of apache.
> I did ./configure, make and make install  and now if run command httpd -V
> still get ver 2.0.40. This installation itself went ok, I havent noticed
> anything bad. Anybody can help me with this?

You probably had an rpm version of 2.0.40 installed in redhat-specific
paths, while your new version probably went into /usr/local/apache2.
Start by using rpm to remove the old version so it doesn't confuse
things.

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] apache upgrde from 2.0.40 to 2.1.6

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.