Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Laura Hinojosa <lh...@objectwave.com> on 2006/09/19 19:21:35 UTC

Extend Dependency Class or Dependecies in runtime

I'm developing a new plug-in to deploy artifacts using auto deploy and I need to pass in the POM additional information per each dependency.

Is there a way to change the Dependency class to accept more variables than just groupId, artifactId and version (and scope and type)?  I need to add my own, like <appCode> or <properties> or something else.

Right now I have a separate section to add this information, but I have to repeat the groupId, artifactId and version per each dependency and I will like to have them only in one section.

My first idea was to add those variables in the dependency section, is that possible?? I'm thinking something like a new packaging?

My second idea was to add the dependencies in a separate section and add them and resolve them in run time

Any ideas will be appreciated

Thank you

Laura Hinojosa

This e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is confidential and is intended only for the individual(s) named.  If you are not the intended recipient, please let us know by e-mail reply and delete it from your system; do not copy/save this e-mail or disclose its contents to anyone.  E-mail transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as the transmission could be interrupted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, altered, arrive late or contain viruses.  ObjectWave does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this e-mail which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.  The views expressed in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect those of ObjectWave or its affiliates.