Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Zachary Mitchell <za...@internode.on.net> on 2010/05/23 08:04:19 UTC

Questions about POI lib

I am just curious as to waht progress is presently being made on POI?

I note that for things like OLE2 and Font options in HWPF,

things are "opened" to the user, but not entirely streamlined

or completed in terms of field/method functionality support.

I understand that a key developer did have to leave the project behind.

In terms of reading and writing word, excel documents,

is new work going to continue happening (eg for insertion of an ole2

image file, and associated details, within an HWPFDocument?)

Re: Questions about POI lib

Posted by MSB <ma...@tiscali.co.uk>.
Sorry to say that I cannot answer your questions directly and what I say now
may sound a little patronising but believe me, it is not meant to be.

You do understand that all work undertaken to develop the API is on a
voluntary basis don't you? Many people find POI, discover that it does not
match their requirement precisely and so help out by developing new
featuires or improving others. Why do you not do the same? If these features
are necessary for your work, then, as David suggested, approach your manager
and make the case for contributing time and energy to advancing the current
state of HWPF?

Yours

Mark B