Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch> on 2009/10/22 08:28:51 UTC

Re: image support (was: Commons XMP)

Oops, looks like I forgot to remove the link to the image loading
framework. I originally wanted to mention that as an argument but then
thought it would be off topic, but since you picked up on it: yes,
PDFBox could profit quite a bit from that (completely unrelated to XMP)
as that would mean support for all sorts of image formats including SVG
(Batik), MathML (JEuclid) and Barcodes (Barcode4J). However, lacking a
Graphics2D implementation the vector graphic images could only be
inserted as bitmaps which is of course suboptimal. If only development
resources were infinite, we could merge PDFBox with FOP's PDF library....

On 22.10.2009 08:01:43 Andreas Lehmkühler wrote:
<snip/>
> > [2] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/commons/image-loader.html
<snip/>
> Additionally PDFBox could probably benefit from
> using some other features of XML Graphics concerning image handling, see
> [2] above.
<snip/>

Jeremias Maerki