Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jörg Agatz <jo...@googlemail.com> on 2011/05/10 10:06:36 UTC

Indexing Mails

Hallo..

I search a Way to indexing e-Mails fast and easy to safe in Solr

A lot of users do this too, but i cant find a howTo or something like that.

when you have or know where i can find a HowTo..
it will nice if you can help me..

King

Re: Indexing Mails

Posted by Grijesh <pi...@gmail.com>.
Look at  http://wiki.apache.org/solr/MailEntityProcessor
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/MailEntityProcessor  it will give you the all
informations

You may have to create the fields as
single valued fields :

messageId
subject
from
sentDate
xMailer
multi valued fields

allTo
flags : possible flags are 'answered', 'deleted', 'draft', 'flagged' ,
'recent', 'seen'
content
attachment
attachmentNames;

-----
Thanx:
Grijesh
www.gettinhahead.co.in

Re: Indexing Mails

Posted by Chandan Tamrakar <ch...@nepasoft.com>.
what kind of emails you want to parse ?  MS emails ?

You could integrate apache tika  but it depends on what kind of emails Tika
parser would be able to parse

You can define the fields that could be parsed and define that in your xml
schema

thanks

--
Chandan Tamrakar
*

Re: Indexing Mails

Posted by Jörg Agatz <jo...@googlemail.com>.

Re: Indexing Mails

Posted by Gora Mohanty <go...@mimirtech.com>.
On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 1:36 PM, Jörg Agatz <jo...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hallo..
>
> I search a Way to indexing e-Mails fast and easy to safe in Solr

> A lot of users do this too, but i cant find a howTo or something like that.

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandler#Indexing_Emails
which directs one to: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/MailEntityProcessor

Regards,
Gora