Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/27 06:57:48 UTC

Apache Flex 4.9 dist and 4.8 archive

Hi,

Currently there no top level flex directory in www.apache.org/dist. I've raised a JIRA issue for this:

Until that's resolve I've placed the 4.9 release here:
http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/flex/4.9.0/

Does anyone know where the 4.8.0 release directory need to be moved so that it's archived? This will need to be added to the release steps.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Apache Flex 4.9 dist and 4.8 archive

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 8:49 AM, Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>>... OK, I hope we don't get in trouble for that (non-incubating artifacts in the
>> incubator folder),
> I wouldn't think so. Just revert the change?...

The incubator dist folder will need to be cleaned up as part of the
graduation tasks anyway, so if you guys can take care of that at the
same time as you're pushing the new release that would be useful.

-Bertrand

Re: Apache Flex 4.9 dist and 4.8 archive

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 12/26/12 11:38 PM, "Justin Mclean" <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> Crap.  While waiting for the upload I saw this on [2].  So I guess this
>> isn't going to work out.
>
> That's OK for now.
>
> 4.9.0 is currently in the incubator directory (which I assume will be
> mirrored) and we can use that until we sort out the exact process.
OK, I hope we don't get in trouble for that (non-incubating artifacts in the
incubator folder), but hopefully this will all get sorted out shortly.

I'm done for tonight.
--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: Apache Flex 4.9 dist and 4.8 archive

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Yep I can see it already make it to these mirrors:
http://www.eu.apache.org/dist/incubator/flex/
http://www.us.apache.org/dist/incubator/flex/

And it's reached France:
http://mirrors.ircam.fr/pub/apache/incubator/flex/

And probably a few other places, not in the Australian mirrors yet but that's not unexpected.

List of mirrors can be found here:
http://www.apache.org/mirrors/

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Crap.  While waiting for the upload I saw this on [2].  So I guess this
isn't going to work out.

Note: Infra will require projects to transition to this method of managing
their dist/ dir. For this transition infra needs:

to setup svnpubsub for the dist directory, and
know what mailing list commit mails should go to.

[2] http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: Apache Flex 4.9 dist and 4.8 archive

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: Apache Flex 4.9 dist and 4.8 archive

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 12/26/12 9:57 PM, "Justin Mclean" <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Currently there no top level flex directory in www.apache.org/dist. I've
> raised a JIRA issue for this:
AFAICT, they haven't serviced the main TLP JIRA so I'm not surprised.  I
assume you tried to make the directory?

> Until that's resolve I've placed the 4.9 release here:
> http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/flex/4.9.0/
>
> Does anyone know where the 4.8.0 release directory need to be moved so that
> it's archived? This will need to be added to the release steps.
I've seen some emails indicating that dist is automatically archived.  Is it
not already in the archive?  And then I think you simply delete it from
dist.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team