Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by rs...@imolinfo.it on 2009/09/10 11:24:43 UTC

SEI implementing java.rmi.Remote with jaxws

Hi,
I have a service implementation class that implements java.rmi.Remote.
I have annotated this class with the @WebService annotation and I'm
trying to use it as a web service with cxf.
During the wsdl generation called with the java2wsdl ant task I
receive the following error: "JAXWS SEI can not implement
java.rmi.Remote interface." And the generation stops.
If I simply deploy the webservice it seem to work nicely. The
exception is raised by the JaxwsServiceBuilder class that seems to be
invoked only during the WSDL creation and not at runtime.
I did some research in the jsr181 latest maintenance release and I
find this for the @WebService annotation:
"The service endpoint interface MAY extend java.rmi.Remote either directly or
indirectly, but is not REQUIRED to do so."

So in my opinion cxf should let SEI implement the java.rmi.Remote interface.
Can you confirm my hypothesis, if yes what is the fastest way to
workaround the problem when generating the WSDL while waiting for a fix?

thanks
Raffaele

Re: SEI implementing java.rmi.Remote with jaxws

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
I personally don't know the store with java.rmi.Remote, so I asked you for
the release just to make sure that you were working with current. Hopefully,
someone who understands the issues here will respond. If nothing comes by,
I'll see what I can dig up.

Posted by rs...@imolinfo.it.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
What version of CXF?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
I just checked the JAXWS spec and I don't see any mention of the Remote stuff
other than subclasses of RemoteException shouldn't be mapped.  Thus, I'd have
no problem removing this restriction.   Feel free to log a JIRA and
(preferrably) attach a patch.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp