Posted to commits@openoffice.apache.org by co...@apache.org on 2012/09/20 19:37:00 UTC

[CONF] Apache OpenOffice Community > AOO 4.x - Logo Explorations

Space: Apache OpenOffice Community (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS)
Page: AOO 4.x - Logo Explorations (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.x+-+Logo+Explorations)

Change Comment:
OpenOffice is one word

Edited by Alexandro Colorado:
h2. *Creative Brief*

How might we update or enhance our product visual identifier/logo to best reflect our brand?

h2. Brand Attributes

The Apache OpenOffice brand reflects the following attributes:

* global
* open
* transparent
* accessible
* clean
* strong
* leader
* approachable
* innovative
* modern
* sharp
* usable
* lightweight

h2. Visual Elements

The following visual elements are associate with the Apache OpenOffice products:
* globe, orb, circle
* document, page, square, rectangle
* transparent materials
* letter O & O
* apache feather
* gulls, page curls
* document, book, booklet

h2. Brainstorming

No wrong answers here, just a collection of sketches realizing the visual elements.

h5. Kevin Grignon - Concepts

!Concept 03 - Sketch.JPG|thumbnail,border=1!

!Concpet 04 - Sketch.JPG|thumbnail,border=1!

!Concpet 05 - Sketch.JPG|thumbnail,border=1!

!Concpet 06 - Sketch.JPG|thumbnail,border=1!

!Concpet 07 - Sketch.JPG|thumbnail,border=1!

!Concpet 08 - Sketch.JPG|thumbnail,border=1!

!Concpet 09 - Sketch.JPG|thumbnail,border=1!

!Concept 09 - Medium Fidelity.png|thumbnail,border=1!
- docs
- transparent

!Concpet 10 - Sketch.JPG|thumbnail,border=1!

h5. Lucas Filho  - Concepts

!Proposta_Logo_Splash_Aoo.png|thumbnail,border=1!

h2. Notes

- consider a logo content, as seen in Flex
- Apache OpenOffice is a continuation of OpenOffice.org, consider retaining aspects of previous OpenOffice logo for continuity
- consider including Apache in logo

h2. Test

Sample document attachment: [^sample_document.odt]

Change your notification preferences: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/users/viewnotifications.action