Posted to hadoop-migrations@infra.apache.org by Gavin McDonald <gm...@apache.org> on 2020/06/11 19:51:19 UTC

Re: Hadoop QBT job always failing

Hi Akira,

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 4:44 AM Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org> wrote:

> +CC: common-dev
>
> Hi Gavin,
>
> The job worked as expected in #146 and it helps us to find failed tests and
> build errors.
> https://ci-hadoop.apache.org/job/hadoop-qbt-trunk-java8-linux-x86_64/146/

ack, thanks.

> However, the job itself failed in #147 and #148 by "pipe closed after 0
> cycles"
>
> https://ci-hadoop.apache.org/job/hadoop-qbt-trunk-java8-linux-x86_64/147/console
>
> https://ci-hadoop.apache.org/job/hadoop-qbt-trunk-java8-linux-x86_64/148/console
> Have you ever seen this type of error before in other jobs?

I haven't; and I see the error continues, let me investigate further.

> The QBT job ran full build and full tests. Hadoop has many flaky tests and
> always some of them fail.
> In addition, there are many other warnings and errors. We have to fix them
> but it seems the priority is not so high.
> That way the job status is always marked as a failure.

Noted, thanks for the info, as long as it is expected and jobs are being
looked at and not
forgotten, all good :)

Gav...

Posted by Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org>.
Hi Gavin,

> I haven't; and I see the error continues, let me investigate further.

The error continues. Would you check these?
https://ci-hadoop.apache.org/job/hadoop-qbt-trunk-java8-linux-x86_64/173/console
https://ci-hadoop.apache.org/job/hadoop-qbt-trunk-java8-linux-x86_64/174/console

Thanks,
Akira