Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Niek <ni...@asbak.coding-slaves.com> on 2005/04/06 21:55:53 UTC

[OT] Re: it's getting worse again

On 4/6/2005 9:45 PM +0100, David Brodbeck wrote:
>>>Users should complain at their systems administrators.
>>>
>>>Niek
>>
>>Someone can be a sysadmin, and not be a programmer.  While the skill
>>sets overlap, they're not necessarily one and the same.  Perhaps he
>>meant user as in consumer? -Don
>

> I assumed that's what he meant, personally.
>

> OT: While it's not necessary to be an expert programmer to be a system
> administrator, you'll end up doing a lot of extra work if you don't have at
> least some minimal programming skills.  One of the joys of UNIX system
> administration is being able to write scripts to automate repetitive tasks.

Yeah, kind of.
System administrators usually manage to use google for problems they are faced with.
Basically it's the following skill: knowing /where/ to search for possible answers.
(rules du jour, ect, ect would probably be an answer/solution for the OP)

The OP demonstrated he lacked this skill, so he should contact his systems administrator.

Niek