Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by co...@Apache.Org on 2008/01/08 14:37:16 UTC

[Fwd: website]

Not acked, maybe already forwarded.
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Re: [Fwd: website]

Posted by Erik Abele <er...@codefaktor.de>.
On 08.01.2008, at 17:52, Sander Temme wrote:

> On Jan 8, 2008, at 5:37 AM, coar@Apache.Org wrote:
>
>> Not acked, maybe already forwarded.
>
> What the **** are we supposed to do with an e-mail written:
>
>> Date: April 17, 2004 10:21:24 PM PDT
>
> ??!
>
> Chris has probably graduated a long time ago and moved back into
> his mom's basement.
>
>> It's really annoying that no contact email is listed for
>> apache.org or
>> httpd.apache.org. However, my main complaint is that you don't
>> list the
>> date that news items are posted, which is of critical importance
>> and it's
>> absurd that it's impossible to find out from your site when a
>> particular
>> version of apache was released.

Fwiw, the news items on httpd.a.o also have a date now (since around
Sep/Oct of last year) so...

Cheers,
Erik

Re: [Fwd: website]

Posted by Sander Temme <sc...@apache.org>.
On Jan 8, 2008, at 5:37 AM, coar@Apache.Org wrote:

> Not acked, maybe already forwarded.

What the **** are we supposed to do with an e-mail written:

> Date: April 17, 2004 10:21:24 PM PDT

??!

Chris has probably graduated a long time ago and moved back into his
mom's basement.

> It's really annoying that no contact email is listed for apache.org or
> httpd.apache.org. However, my main complaint is that you don't list
> the
> date that news items are posted, which is of critical importance and
> it's
> absurd that it's impossible to find out from your site when a
> particular
> version of apache was released.

I'd point him to

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x/STATUS

and would invite him to rekindle the our-websites-need-to-be-more-rich
discussion if he dares.

S.

--
Sander Temme