Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Dawid Wysakowicz <dw...@apache.org> on 2019/12/03 14:15:45 UTC

[DISCUSS] Voting from apache.org addresses

Hi,

I wanted to reach out primarily to the Flink's committers. I think
whenever we cast a vote on a proposal, is it a FLIP, release candidate
or any other proposal, we should use our apache.org email address.

It is not an easy task to check if a person voting is a committer/PMC if
we do not work with him/her on a daily basis. This is important for
verifying if a vote is binding or not.

Best,

Dawid

Re: [DISCUSS] Voting from apache.org addresses

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.
+1 for the proposal.

Cheers,
Till

Posted by Dian Fu <di...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dawid,

Posted by Kurt Young <ku...@apache.org>.
+1 (from my apache email ;-))

Posted by Jark Wu <im...@gmail.com>.
I'm +1 on this proposal.

Posted by Dawid Wysakowicz <dw...@apache.org>.
Hi Dian,

Posted by Dian Fu <di...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.
Very sensible! +1

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jingsong Li <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dawid,

Thanks for you explanation.
You mean that "people who vote for binding +1 need to use apache email
addresses".
Although I can't vote binding +1, I am +1 for this suggestion.

Best,
Jingsong Lee

--
Best, Jingsong Lee

Re: [DISCUSS] Voting from apache.org addresses

Posted by Dawid Wysakowicz <dw...@apache.org>.
Hi all,

Posted by Dian Fu <di...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jingsong Lee <lz...@apache.org>.

--
Best, Jingsong Lee

Re: [DISCUSS] Voting from apache.org addresses

Posted by Xuefu Z <us...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dawid,

--
Xuefu Zhang