Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com> on 2022/11/08 18:00:28 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Qpid ProtonJ2 1.0.0-M11

Hi folks,

I have put together a release candidate for a 1.0.0-M11 Qpid ProtonJ2
release,
please give it a test out and vote accordingly.

The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/protonj2/1.0.0-M11-rc1/

The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1250

The JIRAs assigned are:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313720&version=12352473

Regards

P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples
src, or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to
access the staging repo:

   <repositories>
     <repository>
       <id>staging</id>
<url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1250</url>
     </repository>
   </repositories>

The dependency for the protocol engine or the client itself would then be:

   <dependency>
     <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
     <artifactId>protonj2</artifactId>
     <version>1.0.0-M11</version>
   </dependency>
   <dependency>
     <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
     <artifactId>protonj2-client</artifactId>
     <version>1.0.0-M11</version>
   </dependency>

--
Tim Bish

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid ProtonJ2 1.0.0-M11

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 11/8/22 13:00, Timothy Bish wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a release candidate for a 1.0.0-M11 Qpid ProtonJ2
> release,
> please give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/protonj2/1.0.0-M11-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1250
>
> The JIRAs assigned are:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313720&version=12352473
>

> Regards
>
> P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples
> src, or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to
> access the staging repo:
>
>   <repositories>
>     <repository>
>       <id>staging</id>
> <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1250</url>
>
>     </repository>
>   </repositories>
>
> The dependency for the protocol engine or the client itself would then
> be:
>
>   <dependency>
>     <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>     <artifactId>protonj2</artifactId>
>     <version>1.0.0-M11</version>
>   </dependency>
>   <dependency>
>     <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>     <artifactId>protonj2-client</artifactId>
>     <version>1.0.0-M11</version>
>   </dependency>

+1

* Validated signatures and checksums
* Verified license and notice files in archives
* Checked source license headers with 'mvn apache-rat:check'
* Built from source and ran the tests
* Ran the examples against an ActiveMQ Artemis broker instance.

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
+1

checked signature and checksum, ran mvn install, untarred the target
and ran the example within it against qdrouterd 1.19

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.