Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jack Lauman <jl...@nwcascades.com> on 2004/03/01 18:05:25 UTC

Syntax Question

I want to add a variable to the web.xml file and be able to call in
from within a servlet, taglib or bean.

In a JSP 2.0 page using JSTL 1.1 I can use:

<%=application.getInitParameter("variable_name")%>

Can this be done?  If so, what's the correct syntax to do it.

Thanks,

Jack

Re: Syntax Question

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@comcast.net>.
Jack,

> I want to add a variable to the web.xml file and be able to call in
> from within a servlet, taglib or bean.

You need to use the <init-parameter> element in your <web-app> element
in web.xml. Your JSP syntax appears to be correct.

-chris