Posted to dev@tiles.apache.org by "David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org> on 2007/02/20 22:19:15 UTC

[VOTE] 2.0.1 Release Quality

The Tiles 2.0.1 test build has been available since February 19, 2007.

Release notes:

  *
https://issues.apache.org/struts/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=21792&styleName=Text&projectId=10160&Create=Create

  * http://people.apache.org/builds/tiles/2.0.1/

Maven 2 staging repository:

  * http://people.apache.org/builds/tiles/2.0.1/m2-staging-repository/

If you have had a chance to review the test build, please respond with a
vote on its quality:

     [ ] Leave at test build
     [ ] Alpha
     [ ] Beta
     [ ] General Availability (GA)

     Everyone who has tested the build is invited to vote. Votes by PMC
members are considered binding. A vote passes if there are at least
three binding +1s and more +1s than -1s.

Re: [VOTE] 2.0.1 Release Quality

Posted by "David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] 2.0.1 Release Quality

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2007/2/21, Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>:
> On 2/21/07, Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Unfortunately, UmlGraphDoclet requires that GraphViz is installed (and
> the executables are available on your path).  http://www.graphviz.org/

Uh right, I forgot it! Thank you!

> I realize this introduces an external dependency to the Maven build.
> :(  Feel free to remove it, or, if no one objects, we could document
> this in "how to build Tiles".

Remove it? No way! I think that UmlGraph "decorates" JavaDocs very well :-)

Antonio

Re: [VOTE] 2.0.1 Release Quality

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 2/21/07, Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1 to Alpha, but with a note.
>
> The JavaDocs included in binary distribution have missing image links,
> and I have filed a JIRA issue for that:
> http://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/TILES-119
> For me it's ok for an alpha, anyway someone could find this problem
> unacceptable to release it.

Sorry about that.  For a while I was the only one building and
publishing the website.

The Javadoc plugin is configured to use an alternate doclet which
generates UML diagrams from the code.

For example: http://tiles.apache.org/tiles-core/apidocs/org/apache/tiles/definition/package-summary.html
(Though I have not figured out why it's using that weird font and not
plain arial!)

Unfortunately, UmlGraphDoclet requires that GraphViz is installed (and
the executables are available on your path).  http://www.graphviz.org/

I realize this introduces an external dependency to the Maven build.
:(  Feel free to remove it, or, if no one objects, we could document
this in "how to build Tiles".

Only the release manager would really need to have it installed.  The
Javadoc still "works" without the images, it just has broken image
links.

--
Wendy

Re: [VOTE] 2.0.1 Release Quality

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] 2.0.1 Release Quality

Posted by "David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org>.
Awesome. I'd never heard of it.  I'll check it out.

  Thanks for all the feedback Niall.  It sure does make me more
confident knowing that people like you are double checking these things :)

Re: [VOTE] 2.0.1 Release Quality

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] 2.0.1 Release Quality

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] 2.0.1 Release Quality

Posted by "David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org>.
Thanks Nathan, I'll wait as long as it takes.

Re: [VOTE] 2.0.1 Release Quality

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] 2.0.1 Release Quality

Posted by Greg Reddin <gr...@gmail.com>.
+1 Alpha.  Sorry it took so long :-)  It's been one of those weeks again.

Re: [VOTE] 2.0.1 Release Quality

Posted by "David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org>.

Re: [STATUS] [RESULTS] [VOTE] 2.0.1 Release Quality

Posted by "David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org>.
doh! Sorry. . .oh well.

David

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org>.
I have signed the distributions and moved them to the distribution
directory.  Once synchronized, I will update the website.  I'll be
working on some site enhancements until then.

Thanks for your patience. . .

David

Posted by "David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org>.
Team,