Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Simon Kitching <sk...@obsidium.com> on 2006/01/12 04:31:51 UTC

Re: How can I redirect from a servlet to a JSF page (that is backed by a bean)?

I think Volker's suggestion of duplicating the tobago
NonFacesRequestServlet into tomahawk or myfaces-commons is a good idea.

It is very useful for performing pre-processing of any sort before
forwarding to a JSF page. I've added the code to the myfaces wiki for
the moment, but having a class in the myfaces distro itself sounds nice
to me.

Any other opinions?

By the way, I vaguely remember a new feature in the latest servlet spec
that allows servlets to be run on forwarded-to resources. Is this true,
or is my memory misleading me?

Regards,

Simon

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
Since my understanding of the goal is to eventually merge Tobago in
with tomahawk, would it make more sense to move the servlet into
myfaces-commons, and have tobago depend on it?   It'd be good if we
could do the same for any other tobago pieces that aren't directly
tied to the tobago viewhandler.   It'd be a first step toward merging
the two.

-Mike