Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by "David J. Godbey (HQ-LM020)[DIGITAL MANAGEMENT INC.]" <da...@nasa.gov> on 2015/01/08 22:09:21 UTC

Ldap + Dsml

Folks:
I am desperately trying to figure out how to get the apache ldap directory client working with dsml. It looks like everything I need is right there, but I'm flailing trying to put everything together. Vanilla ldap requests using LdapNetworkConnection I've got working just fine. The integration with DSML not so much.

The UserGuide has no information under Advanced LDAP API usage for most items, including DSML. Engines and decorators and controls - how do they all fit together?

Thanks for any help you might offer.
Dave

Re: Ldap + Dsml

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 5:09 AM, David J. Godbey (HQ-LM020)[DIGITAL
MANAGEMENT INC.] <da...@nasa.gov> wrote:

>  Folks:
>
> I am desperately trying to figure out how to get the apache ldap directory
> client working with dsml. It looks like everything I need is right there,
> but I’m flailing trying to put

everything together. Vanilla ldap requests using LdapNetworkConnection I’ve
> got working just fine. The integration with DSML not so much.

currently none of LdapConnection implementations work with DSML directly

assuming two possible cases you might be dealing with:

1. receive DSML requests - then you can use Dsmlv2Parser to parse them and
handle using the connection
                                             instance you have or use
Dsmlv2Engine to process the requests and give the
                                             response in DSML.

2. send requests in DSML -  you can use various XXDsml classes to achieve
this,
                                              e.x AddRequest ->
AddRequestDsml

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com

Re: Ldap + Dsml

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 08/01/15 22:09, David J. Godbey (HQ-LM020)[DIGITAL MANAGEMENT INC.] a
écrit :
> Folks:
> I am desperately trying to figure out how to get the apache ldap directory client working with dsml. It looks like everything I need is right there, but I'm flailing trying to put everything together. Vanilla ldap requests using LdapNetworkConnection I've got working just fine. The integration with DSML not so much.
>
> The UserGuide has no information under Advanced LDAP API usage for most items, including DSML. Engines and decorators and controls - how do they all fit together?

The best I can tell you atm is to look at those samples :

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/directory/apacheds/trunk/server-integ/src/test/java/org/apache/directory/dsml/engine/Dsmlv2EngineIT.java?revision=1646484&view=markup

They are using DSML requests and the DSMLEngine to send them to a server
through a LDAPNetworkConnection.

Feel free to ask if you have any question about this code.