Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Luciano <bg...@hotmail.com> on 2011/06/19 23:05:19 UTC

Select component and Ajax (Tapestry version < 5.2.0)

Hi everyone,

my case is quite simple : somewhere on the website I'm working on, I need to
trigger an Ajax request each time the internaut selects a new <option>
manipulating a regular HTML Select component.

I read the doc and I found exactly what I needed :
http://tapestry.apache.org/current/tapestry-core/ref/org/apache/tapestry5/corelib/components/Select.html

My problem is that this "zone" parameter is not available for me : I'm
working on an Tapestry 5.1.0.5 application.

Can you just help me to find a solution ?

I'm thinking about this :
- is it possible to patch the concerned files in order to add this new
"zone" parameter for the Tapestry select component ?
- easier : given that a Tapestry select component is always included in a
<t:form> component, I could use some JS to intercept the event : "the user
is clicking on a <option> markup" and then trigger at this time the <t:form>
(ajax way) with "$("idForm").fire(Tapestry.FORM_PROCESS_SUBMIT_EVENT);"

What do you think ? Does anyone here faced this particular situation ?

Thank you for the feedback.

Best regards everyone!

http://twitter.com/lboix

Re: Select component and Ajax (Tapestry version < 5.2.0)

Posted by le...@gmail.com.
While i look for the solution i have used , here is an article that can help
you.

http://tapestry.1045711.n5.nabble.com/Select-does-not-submit-form-on-change-td2418954.html

Good Luck!

Posted by Geoff Callender <ge...@gmail.com>.
You'll find an Ajax Select example that works with Tapestry 5.1.0.5 in jumpstart-4.12.2, downloadable from http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/download.html .
Also on that page is one that works with Tapestry 5.0.18.

HTH,

Geoff

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 18:05:19 -0300, Luciano <bg...@hotmail.com> wrote: