Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Shifman <ma...@yale.edu> on 2004/04/01 18:45:33 UTC

Controlling logging level in catalina.out

I googled,  looked at the tomcat faq and searched mail archives and
couldn't find a reasonable answer (or one that I understand) but I'm
sure it must be asked frequently.  catalina.out has lots of INFO
statements (using tomcat5).  How can I control catalina.out logging so
it only gets WARN or above messages?  I use log4j so all my webapp
messages go where I want them.  Is there a well defined place to
configure the logging that goes to catalina.out.

thanks in advance
mas