Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Richard Korthuis <ri...@max.nl> on 2005/04/21 16:15:44 UTC

Using a non-standard font in FOP

Hello,

For a commercial application I want to use FOP with the Garamond-font to
generate a PDF-file. Can I simply embed the Windows Garamond-font or are
there any licensing issues I should consider? Do I have to pay to use this
font? If so where can I get a license to use this font?

Regards

Richard Korthuis

Max.nl

Re: Using a non-standard font in FOP

Posted by The Web Maestro <th...@gmail.com>.
On Apr 21, 2005, at 7:15 AM, Richard Korthuis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> For a commercial application I want to use FOP with the Garamond-font
> to generate a PDF-file. Can I simply embed the Windows Garamond-font
> or are there any licensing issues I should consider? Do I have to pay
> to use this font? If so where can I get a license to use this font?
>
> Regards
>
> Richard Korthuis
>
> Max.nl

Almost everything you'll want to know about FOP's Font related stuff is
here (configuring, adding, default fonts, etc.):

http://xml.apache.org/fop/fonts.html

As for  font licensing, that's a little out of the scope of this
project. IANAL, but if you are licensed to use a font, then I suspect
you are within your rights to build a PDF file with said fonts. When
you get the font, I suspect that it will come with a license which
identifies what you can do with said font.

Regards,

Web Maestro Clay
--
<th...@gmail.com> - <http://homepage.mac.com/webmaestro/>