Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Carlos Montero Canabal <ca...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/12 16:52:40 UTC

Create components dynamically and add to page

Hi tapestry users,

I’m developing a configurable dashboard page where a user can select different widgets to his own dashboard. I’m thinking on save on database the widgets with his configuration per user. I would like to do something like this:

<t:loop source="widgets" value="widget">
	<t:delegate to=“createWidget”/>
</t:loop>

And in my page class something like:

public Block getCreateWidget(){

	return componentSource.getComponent(widget.getComponentClassName()); <!-— This method “getComponent” by name/class doesn´t exists, only for logical page names —>
}

Where widget.getComponentClassName() returns, for example, "components/Widget1” or “my.package.components.Widget1".

Do you know if it’s possible this approach on Tapestry5?? With pages it works fine (I do it multiple times for email rendering), but with components I don’t found a method o service…

For other hand, I found a core component “Dynamic”. Is there any example of use?

Thank you everyone

Best regards

Carlos Montero

http://tapestry5.dev-util.com/ <http://tapestry5.dev-util.com/>

Re: Create components dynamically and add to page

Posted by Carlos Montero Canabal <ca...@gmail.com>.
Hi Thiago,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I know that the correct subject would be “adding components dynamically to a page” and not the “create” term. I develop the solution bellow that works fine for me:

	<t:loop source="widgets" value="widget">

		<t:delegate to="dynamicWidget"/>

	</t:loop>

        <t:block t:id="widgetsDefinition">

            		<t:widgets.widgetTest1 t:id="widget1" />

            		<t:widgets.widgetTest2 t:id="widget2" />

        </t:block>

And my .java:

public Object getDynamicWidget(){
		WidgetFacade widgetFacade = (WidgetFacade) componentSource.getComponent("Index:" + widget.getWidget().getComponentId());
		Map<String, String> configuration = new HashMap<String, String>();
		for(WidgetConfiguration conf : widget.getConfigurations()){
			configuration.put(conf.getConfigurationKey(), conf.getConfigurationValue());
		}
		widgetFacade.init(configuration);
		return widgetFacade;
}

I wanted to skip the block “widgetsDefinition” but it’s not possible.

Thank you

Best regards

Carlos Montero

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.