Posted to dev@depot.apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> on 2004/06/21 17:51:43 UTC

Future of Avalon & Depot collaboration

Just to keep you guys up to date;

The 5 main guys at Avalon are in principal in favour of a 'technology
transfer' :o)

I have now brought it up in the open, to see if there are any major objections
from 'others', and you can read it in a fairly long mail;

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=avalon-dev&m=108783969417027&w=2

I hope the atmosphere here will be equally positive to this initiative.

Cheers
Niclas
--
   +------//-------------------+
  / http://www.bali.ac        /

Re: Future of Avalon & Depot collaboration

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Tuesday 22 June 2004 02:34, Adam R. B. Jack wrote:
> > I hope the atmosphere here will be equally positive to this initiative.
>
> My expectations are yes, yet with some tensions due to
> philosophy/approach/goal differences. Personally, I see that as healthy &
> welcome it.

Ok, good!

Now let the due process have its strides. I don't expect any opposition, but
the issue will need to go to the PMC (which I am not part of anymore), and
there are ASF "eyes" in there, who may have some opinion about it, which may
take a few extra days to vent, but I hardly see that there will be any
political obstacles.

The rest is technology, and that is easy... :o)

Cheers
Niclas
--
  / http://www.bali.ac        /

Re: Future of Avalon & Depot collaboration

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>.
> I hope the atmosphere here will be equally positive to this initiative.

My expectations are yes, yet with some tensions due to
philosophy/approach/goal differences. Personally, I see that as healthy &
welcome it.

regards,

Adam